Symbaloo EDU (iPad friendly website) is a personal startpage/social bookmarking tool that allows you to easily navigate the web and compile your favorite site all in to one visual interface. A fun and simple way to organize and store all your digital resources in the cloud. You can categorize your resources, share and access them from any device. Symbaloo helps teachers curate content and share the best of the web with their students.
To learn more, check out these tutorial links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZYMXxw5zl0 - Basic Symbaloo How To
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pph5DEDyjE - Creating a Webmix and How to use in the classroom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ove-UyHabw#action=share - How to share your webmix
https://youtu.be/0S6vxJzq0AA - Making a Playlist in Symbaloo
http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/social-studies - Social Studies
https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/languagearts190?searched=true - Languate Arts
https://www.symbaloo.com/mix/msmusicnow?searched=true - Music
In your Classroom:
- Share Classroom Website with Your Students and Parents - You can share your collection of links with Symbaloo. Symbaloo will generate a link for you to share with others to take them straight to your webmix.
- Customize Your Lesson Plans with Symbaloo - Teachers are using Symbaloo to create lesson plans by creating a webmix for each subject that they teach. We have a few examples for you.
- Customize Your Lesson Plans with Symbaloo - Teachers are using Symbaloo to create lesson plans by creating a webmix for each subject that they teach.
- Embed a Webmix in Your Classroom Website or BlogCreate Personal Learning Environment For Your StudentsTeachers are preparing students for the global marketplace by teaching digital citizenship, and teaching students how to navigate and organize resources from a variety of different sources. With Symbaloo, students can customize their own learning space. Students can create their own Symbaloo pages with their most used websites, such as their school email account, personal blog, social networking sites, classroom blog, and school website. They can curate content from their research for a classroom project by embedding Youtube videos, Prezi presentation, and Google Doc in a webmix.
- Use Symbaloo to Organize Digital Portfolios for StudentsMany teachers stress the importance in showcasing students work on #symchat-SymbalooEDU Twitter chat, a popular topic among many teachers is how to share students’ digital portfolios. Symbaloo is a great place to share all your student digital portfolios. Here is an example: http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/8thgrdigitalportfolio?searched=true
- Use Symbaloo to Create Your Classroom PlaylistDo you show tons of videos in your classroom? Are you currently flipping your classroom and students are instructed to watch videos daily? You can create webmix with your videos playlist so your students can watch them without having to open a new link every time. All videos hosted online can be embedded within Symbaloo and will open up within the platform.
Tap/click on the share button at the top of the page, fill out the information and choose "share my webmix". The link will then pop up on the right side of the screen. Copy and paste that link into the completion form.